Facts and Benefits
REPLICA is a formal pathway for the licensed individual to provide pre-hospital care across state lines under authorized circumstances. REPLICA increases access to EMS for patients, reduces regulatory barriers for EMS personnel and brings unprecedented accountability to the EMS profession. REPLICA is supported by 12 national associations and organizations.
Facts and Benefits
Benefits for EMS Personnel
- Obtain and maintain your home state EMS license, receive the privilege to practice in REPLICA states.
- Creates an expedited pathway to licensure for military personnel and spouses separating from active duty with an unrestricted NREMT card.
- Work under the scope of practice from your home state.
- Reduced time, paperwork and costs associated with maintaining multiple licenses just to do your job.
Participating in an Interstate Compact
- Compacts are tested, flexible, and defensible ways in which to resolve conflicts and barriers presented by state borders.
- Compact states share in the responsibilities of managing cross border activities instead of each state individually addressing the same issue in a different manner.
- Commissions manage compacts, member states designate one public official responsible for EMS to participate, each state has one seat, one vote.
- REPLICA is joining the ranks of other well-known compacts including nursing, physician, driver’s licenses as well as emergency management.
EMS Personnel Eligibility
- Must be 18 years of age and have passed an exam for initial licensure at the EMT, AEMT or Paramedic level.
- Be practicing in good standing in their home state with an unrestricted license and under the supervision of an EMS Medical Director.
State EMS Office – EMS System Eligibility
- Utilize the NREMT exam at the EMT and Paramedic levels for initial licensure
- Utilize FBI compliant background check with biometric data (e.g. fingerprints) within 5 years of Compact activation. (effective May 8, 2017)
- Have a process to receive, investigate, and resolve complaints; and share information with other Compact states via a Coordinated National Database.
- Enact the model REPLICA legislation.